The VQA Board is responsible for the strategic direction and general oversight of the PSET system and is directly accountable to the Minister of Education and Training for PSET system performance.
The relevance to national economic and human resource development objectives will be a primary consideration of the VQA Board which is comprised predominantly of senior representatives from private and public sector agencies engaged in economic and productive sector activity including:
- Strategic Policy, Planning and Aid Coordination
- Finance and Economic Management
- Trade, Tourism, Commerce and Industry
- Agriculture, Quarantine, Livestock, Forestry and Fisheries
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Hotels and Restaurants Association
Other members include one representative from each of the Prime Minister's Office, Women's Affairs, and PSET Providers (nominated by the Minister).