The VQA Board is responsible for the strategic direction and general oversight of the PSET system and is directly accountable to the Minister of Education and Training for PSET system performance.
The relevance to national economic and human resource development objectives will be a primary consideration of the VQA Board which is comprised predominantly of senior representatives from private and public sector agencies engaged in economic and productive sector activity including:
- the Director General of the Ministry of Education and Training; and
- the Director General of the Department of Youth Development, Training and Sport; and
- the Director of the Department of Strategic Policy, Planning and Aid Coordination; and
- the Director General of the Department of Finance and Economic Management; and
- the Director General of the Department of Trade, Tourism, Commerce and Industry; and
- the Director General of the Department of Agriculture, Quarantine, Livestock, Forestry and Fisheries; and
- the Director of the Department of Woman's Affairs; and
- a representative from the Prime Minister's Office nominated by the Prime Minister; and
- Commissioner of Labour; and
- Chairperson of the Vanuatu HOtels and Resorts Association; and
- President of the National Council of the Chambers of Commerce and Industry of Vanuatu; and
- a representative of the education and training providers nominated by the responsible Minister.